What defines a North Park Influencer? An Influencer embraces a calling from God to enter into a global relationship leveraging their vocation or the unique capacity God has given them.
- Influencers seek to influence change and welcome the change that occurs in their own cross-cultural discipleship as a result of their service.
- Influencers travel regularly (annually if possible and appropriate) and communicate consistently and regularly (monthly) with key individuals in the relationship.
- Influencers draft goals for each trip and report on the results of those goals. Influencers seek to be in relationship with the local Church in the context in which they serve.
- Influencers think first of the indigenous people. They recruit others to travel with them only if others are the right fit and only after a season of learning and building relationship with the indigenous people.
- Influencers seek to develop their own array of skills and capacities in order to make a greater contribution to the people that they have grown to love.
- Influencers develop a circle of people to pray for and partner with them in their work.
The work of the Influencer is measured by the depth of sincere cross-cultural relationship formed, as well as specific accomplishments achieved together with them.